Green Team Roundtables
Register for the June 12th Green Team Roundtable in Lincoln here.
Would you like to be a Sponsor or Host a Green Team Roundtable? Contact Julie Diegel to learn more about this opportunity to share your company’s commitment to sustainable business practices with others. Call (402) 436-2384 x1001 or email email@example.com.
Calling all Green Teams!
Green Team Roundtables are peer-to-peer networking meetings for green teams and sustainability committees interested in expanding their knowledge of sustainable business practices. Meetings are useful to business owners, managers, green team members and interested individuals.
Meetings are held over the lunch hour from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and include lunch. Online registration and payment is required. Cancellations must be made via email or phone call at least 24 hours in advance.
- Omaha GTRs are held on odd months the second Wednesday of the month.
- Lincoln GTRs are held on even months the second Wednesday of the month.
- Greater Nebraska GTRs are held each month in different regions on the third Wednesday of the month.
Meetings begin with networking, introductions and a “circle” question having to do with sustainable business practices (20 – 30 minutes). A presentation follows either by the sponsoring business, an outside speaker or WasteCap staff.
The goals of the program are to:
1) Establish and support green teams;
2) Improve sustainable business practices in Nebraska;
3) Support a statewide peer-to-peer network of green team learning organizations; and
4) Increase public awareness of sustainable business practices and market share for sustainable businesses in Nebraska.
Benefits to Participants
1) Motivation and inspiration – to keep learning and growing as a green team
2) Peer-to-peer networking and access to other green teams in the state
3) New skills, technical assistance, tools and information on topics of interest
4) Identify opportunity areas for improvement/ trouble-shooting
5) Potential to increase profits, employee morale and market share because of sustainable business practices