March 12th Lincoln Green Team Roundtable: http://www.wastecapne.org/event-registration/?ee=12
Calling all Green Teams!
Green Team Roundtables are peer-to-peer networking meetings for green teams and intrepreneurs committed to sustainable business practices. Meetings are open to business owners, management, green team members and interested individuals.
Meetings are held over the lunch hour from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and include a catered zero-waste lunch. Online registration is required.
- Omaha GTRs are held on odd months the second Wednesday of the month.
- Lincoln GTRs are held on even months the second Wednesday of the month.
- Greater Nebraska GTRs are held in different regions on the third Wednesday of the month.
Meetings begin with networking, introductions and a “circle” question having to do with sustainable business practices (20 – 30 minutes). Next, WasteCap Nebraska (or a speaker) gives a brief presentation, Q & A (20 – 30 minutes). Finally, the host company gives a presentation and/or tour for the last 30 – 40 minutes.
- Establish and support green teams;
- Improve sustainable business practices in Nebraska;
- Support a statewide peer-to-peer network of green team learning organizations; and
- Increase public awareness of sustainable business practices and market share for sustainable businesses in Nebraska.
Benefits to Participants
- Motivation and inspiration – to keep learning and growing as a green team
- Peer-to-peer networking and access to other green teams in the state
- New skills, technical assistance, tools and information on topics of interest
- Identifying opportunity areas for improvement or trouble-shooting
- Tactics to increase profits, employee engagement and environmental benefits through sustainable business practices.